Each blog should be updated with 1-2 posts every other day or so. Blogs should achieve 10 or more posts each.
In a month’s time it would be quite realistic to achieve 100 visitors a day and earnings of $500 to 1000$ per month. Of course, some blogs will produce better and some not. Some will achieve higher rankings some will support these with links.
Of course, also one blog can be doing well as it would be easier to create unique content and gain more links. Regarding unique content and how to create it from ExpertIdeas content articles – see guide on avoiding duplicate content.
Mega site approach is good owner concentrates not only on very small niche and small content site like 10-20 page review site but goes after wide variety of topics that includes high competition and volume keywords as well as smaller sub keywords along with related niches / topics.
Examples: abbys-sexual-health.com, altBiceps.com, askmen.com, about.com
These sites relates to sexuality and different angles, men things and even megasite about everything with many categories and sub categories like about.com
Core strategy is following:
- select the main keywords and their keyword categories and sometimes even more sub-subcategories;
- select related subjects and their categories;
- develop huge list of keywords of so called long tail (thousands of little keywords) that fits under the main topics;
- develop main topics (quickly) just to fill main categories;
- heavy development of long tail articles – this means creating articles on groups on these small keywords and optimizing them fast with couple good links. Usually this strategy will allow having 10’s of pages optimized within few shorts months and receive first targeted traffic;
- As the long tail is being targeted and developed – the more traffic and more links are achieved which eventually will result in subcategory rankings and later in rankings of all main categories.
Here is simple example how it could look in practical world:
|Sub-Category:||weight loss pills|
|Sub-subcategory:||herbal weight loss pills best weight loss pills best weight loss pill cheap weight loss diet pill effective weight loss pill diet free weight loss pill|
|Long Tail:||best weight loss pills review top best weight loss pills best recommended weight loss pill best weight loss diet pills best weight loss diet pill|
These long tail keywords in some cases can be split in even more sub categories so it’s not necessarily limited to 3-4 levels but can go even in depth of 10 and more.
Important factor is that from these long tail keywords is easy to extract some related terms, for example: “diet pill”. This combination again will give us several dozens of keywords we could use to create other long tail and even subcategory level pages.
This strategy relies on the principle of uncovering different low searched low optimized keywords from different angles that relate to the main topics and then optimizing them for driving thousands and thousands of visitors from search engines and leading them from these long tail pages to your main pages like product reviews and sales pages.
Recommended Keyword Research Tools
WordTrakcer – most popular online keyword research service, offers advanced keyword research and suggestions.
This strategy is oriented towards creation of many sites and working with visitor from different angles. Basically diversification says it all. It can be applied on different niches, products and view points creating different sites to appeal to various visitor needs and capturing the sales from all these niches.
Several products within one niche
The core structure would look like pyramid starting with big generic site down to small product / visitor groups targeting mini sites and can be described like this:
- Main site – covers all methods and all products –it could be mini site about everything covering each topic briefly. It also could be a mega site and then many mini-sites around it.
- Category sites – several sites on each product category, e.g. exercises, devices, surgery, pumps. In some sites showing the greatness of technique and say surgery site showing articles and cases on how bad it is while recommending safe alternatives – exercises, devices, etc.
- Last level – in-depth review site for each product;
How to diversify within one product?
Let’s see how we could diversify using weight loss niche and create many websites:
- weight loss in general,
- weight loss for men,
- weight loss for women,
- weight loss for older people and how important it is to be in good shape,
- weight loss exercises,
- dieting and weight loss,
- overweight children and their psychological problems in school and society
The list probably could go on and on targeting different aspects like regions, eating habits, countries, nations, races etc.
It means having great differentiation in terms of websites design, navigation, colors and layouts (e.g. left hand navigation, right hand navigation, complex two side menu navigation, heavy graphical approach, presentation look like site, etc).
Here are few ideas on how to diversify websites approach to visitor:
- independent user’s website
- independent doctor’s website
- independent research group
- testimonial collection site
- site answering questions (FAQ) site
- forum / community type site
- product store / catalogue
Strategy: “Dominate the market”
This strategy is oriented toward creating many small niche sites targeting very tight keyword groups (5-10 keywords) from long tail.
If in mega-site links and site building starts from the very long tail pages (that applies also to link gaining) then here this is totally opposite. Each website created is targeting actually small keyword on its homepage so 95% of all linking activities are oriented towards the homepage of site.
In general such website will have 5-10 pages on average. Of course some sites will naturally grow bigger as more related content and keywords will get discovered.
In many cases it will be enough to gain 20-50 links to rank well on all 3 major search engines in top 10.
These mini sites are good for funneling traffic to your review sites or MN product and feeder sites.
Action step example of first phase:
- In-depth keyword research on niche
- Creating realistic keyword groups
Then move to second phase:
- Pick up 10 sites and get content written for them
- Registering domain names (it’s important to vary registration information as well registrars for maximum safety)
- Find several different hosting companies to host these sites with
- Put these sites up and check if everything is working smoothly
- Start building links (see ExpertIdeas guide on link building)
- Repeat the process with next batch of sites
Depending on your resources you could be able to build quite big mini site network that over time could grow into huge part of market.
Biggest disadvantage is the quite high costs associated with domain names and hosting that’s why it’s advisable to do research and use bulk order offers where possible.
Since these mini sites are made for attracting search engines than creating high ranking site under heavy keywords, then outsourcing could be great help – be it for content, web design or link campaigns.
If it seems that it is hard to come up with 100 or more new sites without problems being unique then here is the fact: there are already millions of similar sites so extra 100 wouldn’t make big difference for search engine indexes (0.000001%) but could add to your bottom line heavily.
This strategy is called conspiracy because of fact that to visitors are given several choices but as the result they end buying trough your affiliate codes.
How would it look in practical life?
For example, your site is ranking under keyword that generates 5 sales a week/month and your site ranks No.1.
Question: why not to make another site that would rank as No. 2 and another for No.3?
Reason: if you know how to get it to No.1 it shouldn’t be too hard to repeat the process.
Important thing to remember when doing so is to diversify your sites. Make them look and feel they way that visitor would have impression that this is totally different website and totally different person behind it.
Also its advisable to host similar sites in different places as well as not to interlink them.
Remember, one site can rank for several keywords so use it for maximum exposure on search engines!